Hey there Lovebirds!!! As a travel advisor specializing in honeymoon vacations, I’ve seen it all when it comes to honeymoon planning. From couples who booked their trip last-minute and had to pay a fortune to those who tried to cram everything into their itinerary and would have ended up exhausted, there are a few common mistakes that couples make. But don’t worry, I’m here to help you avoid them! Here are my top five tips for honeymoon planning:
- Don’t procrastinate: Not only can you save significantly if you plan your honeymoon travel early, but you can also design a payment plan for your vacation package and ensure that you have more choices. We recommend planning at least 10 months to one year prior to your dates of travel.
- Traveling the day after your wedding. If you are having a reception in the evening after your wedding, odds are you are going to be exceptionally tired and stressed. Plan for some time to unwind before you take off for your romantic getaway.
- Not insuring your honeymoon vacation for cancelation. Travel protection covers a multitude of travel hiccups including cancellation due to illness or injury, lost luggage, and trip interruption. Things happen and it’s better to be protected than risk losing your vacation investment.
- Don’t let other people tell you where to go. Everyone has different ideas about what makes a perfect honeymoon. Talk to your partner about your interests and budget, choose a destination that you’ll both enjoy, and engage a professional to help take this project off your shoulders.
- Be flexible! Some of the best memories will be when things don’t go exactly to plan. Travel hiccups occur and are largely out of your control. Be prepared with a backup plan but also pack your patience for the perfect honeymoon.
Now go forth and plan your dream honeymoon! And if you need any help, I’m always here for you.
Your friendly Travel Advisor – Beth